Building Maintenance Technician II, Waukesha
Building Maintenance Technician II
100 N East Ave
Waukesha, WI 53186
Physical Plant – Maintenance, Staff
- Performs a variety of skilled maintenance for campus facilities; ensures that facilities are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition. Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- General Carpentry
- Cabinetry and Furniture
- Window Treatments Repair/Replace
- Appliance repair
- Basic Lock and Door Hardware
- Basic Plumbing
- Basic Electric
- Basic HVAC
- General Cleaning Practices
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and can establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships.
- General practices and operational knowledge of tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities including upkeep and maintenance of tools.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Principles and practices of recordkeeping and facilities maintenance software.
- Identifies and reports life safety and maintenance needs to the supervisor.
- Comply with University facility standards of conduct.
- Accomplishing work orders through our facility maintenance software on a daily basis.
- Maintain and manage records on fixed asset expenditures
- Assist with project work scopes for building maintenance projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Trade school, apprenticeship, or other formal training preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a specific trade preferred or general maintenance
- Working familiarity with standard building codes
Human Relations Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituencies (internal and external)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PC proficient; experience with Office 365 preferred
- Understanding of Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Working knowledge and proficiency with maintenance management system preferred
- Ability to stoop, kneel, reach, and inspect work sites.
- Sufficient strength and dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of the position
- Job requires the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 100 pounds or heavier weights with assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
- Work in both indoor and outdoor environments with moderate to loud noise levels.
- May work in controlled temperature conditions, cold and hot temperatures, or inclement weather conditions.
- Exposure to chemicals, mechanical and electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable under the university’s insurance plan.
- Shift changes and/or weekend work may be required by your supervisor based on departmental and University needs
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University Ethos
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3414489