Western Illinois University
Building Operating Engineer NEW
Work Department: Mechanical Maintenance
Class Title/Code: https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/Detail.aspx?tblClassIndexID=4280 ((1328))
Effective Date: Dec 20, 2022
- inspects, cares for, cleans, operates, and lubricates building mechanical equipment, including air conditioning systems, humidifiers, temperature regulators, steam and water systems, food-service appliances, and other equipment required to operate a building;
- inspects the building structure and machinery, equipment, food-service appliances, furnishings, and fixtures contained for needed repairs and performs or authorizes and requisitions the necessary work;
- maintains proper temperatures and humidity throughout the building;
- reads gauges, meters, thermometers, or other measuring devices and maintains records as required;
- starts and stops mechanical equipment on schedule;
- sets up displays and exhibits and/or inspects mechanical and electrical equipment to be used in connection with displays, exhibits, shows, or other events;
- performs other maintenance duties (such as replacing media in air-filtering systems and regenerating water softeners);
- cooperates with craftsmen who perform work on the building premises;
- orders, stocks, and issues maintenance supplies and replacement parts;
- receives new equipment, attaches inventory numbers, and participates in the physical inventory of the building as directed;
- performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years (36 months) of full-time employment in the maintenance of building mechanical equipment and/or as a mechanic of refrigeration, ventilation, and/or food-service equipment.
Starting Salary: $36.83 /hour
Application Deadline: Jan 19, 2023
Employment – Information & Instructions
Complete an https://www.student.services.wiu.edu/web-apps/HR/ online. Submit supplemental application materials, which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume, and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to [email protected].
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Email: mailto:[email protected]
Open: Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.