UCLA Facilities Management
As one of America’s finest universities, UCLA has a tradition of advancing higher education and the common good through excellence in scholarship, research and public service. UCLA is California’s largest university and a model for public institutions of higher education. Academic excellence, faculty distinction and a comprehensive curriculum are hallmarks of the UCLA experience. The university is an educational and architectural landmark in Los Angeles, attracting thousands of visitors and scholars each year.
Electrician (Graveyard Shift) – Electrical Systems Shop – Requisition 27052
UCLA Facilities Management, Los Angeles, CA
Facilities Management is seeking a skilled Electrician to perform all campus-wide and off-campus projects such as service, test, repair, install and maintain various electrical systems and equipment to achieve maximum performance and efficiency of operations on a daily basis. The incumbent will perform mandatory maintenance and testing of equipment and maintain documentation; troubleshoot, inspect for malfunctions, repair complicated electrical and electro-mechanical devices, and other circuits.
- Possession of a California General Electrician Certificate; satisfactory completion of a certified 4-year apprenticeship program or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of current industry accepted methods and procedures for testing, repairing, installing and maintaining a variety of complicated electrical equipment and systems.
- Working knowledge of materials, equipment and tools of the Electrician’s trade; and various power distribution, auxiliary equipment and motor control systems, and the ability to use power, hand tools, and electronic testing equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to provide direction to Facilities Workers and/or Facilities Mechanics and to train Apprentices.
- Ability to install a complete electrical system.
- Ability to drive a University truck or other light vehicle in the course of duties and possess a valid California Driver’s license.
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks of vacation per year; an average of 12 days sick leave per year; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan; various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, the University Credit Union, and much more!
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.