University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
FACILITIES TECHNICIAN III
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
Position Number: 00678912
Introduction (Description of School/College/Dept/Program)
Who We Are: UWM, a doctoral/research intensive university, is Wisconsin’s premier public urban university and offers a comprehensive liberal arts and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level to 24,000 students. UWM takes pride in being a student-centered institution that is deeply committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff, and programs. Our tree-lined, 104-acre campus is located on Milwaukee’s upper-east side, one of the city’s most attractive residential areas and home to many faculty, staff, and students. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.uwm.edu/
What We Offer:
• Innovative, collaborative, and casual-work environment
• Challenging and progressive career development
• On-site health & wellness programs
• Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
• And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
The University of Wisconsin (UW) System offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of our community. The University contributes towards the cost of several benefit plans. Employees also receive a vacation package starting at 104 hours during first year, sick leave (with no expiration), personal holiday (36 hours each year), and paid legal holidays.
This opening is for a 1st shift position located at the UW-Milwaukee’s Waukesha campus.
The incumbent Inspects, maintains, and repairs specialized equipment and facilities to ensure property meets established standards and to prevent further damage. Assists with construction, and operational maintenance as needed.
Monday – Friday
6:30AM – 3:00PM
The starting pay range is $25- $27/hr.
The final pay rate is dependent upon the ﬁnalist’s experience, education and qualiﬁcations.
Applicants for this vacancy must:
• Minimum of two years of experience or a combination of relevant education and experience related to performing the operation, maintenance, and repair of items such as electrical, plumbing, and HVAC mechanical systems
• One year of experience or a combination of relevant education and experience with HVAC mechanical systems.
• Possess Windows based computer navigational skills.
• Experience in making sound independent decisions
• Demonstrates a knowledge of safety practices and procedures
Highly qualified candidates will also have:
• Basic electrical and plumbing skills with troubleshooting and repair experience
• Basic understanding of work order systems
• Basic understanding of computer-based building monitoring system
• Basic small engine knowledge and troubleshooting experience.
• Snow removal experience.
• Evidence of effective communication skills
• Evidence of the ability to read complex electrical and control sequence diagrams.
• Possess the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner with the campus community including students, building managers, academic personnel, and craft personnel, in a diverse work environment.
Interested applicants are required to apply online and provide:
• Cover letter addressing your education/experience as it applies to all minimum and preferred qualifications
• A document listing the names and contact information for three professional references
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether they meet any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications.
Finance & Administrative Affairs is required to conduct Post-Offer Pre-Employment screenings on all selected candidates for Facilities Technician III position. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing the screening.
This is a continuous recruitment. Screening begins on February 01, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. Applications received after January 31, 2023 may not receive consideration.
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message “Your application has been submitted” is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact [email protected] or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin’s Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin’s Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of “final candidates” and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC and Reference Check Policy
Employment will require a criminal background check. UWM takes the prevention of sexual misconduct seriously. As such, you and your references will be required to answer questions regarding any past findings of sexual violence and sexual harassment or any pending allegations of sexual violence or sexual harassment.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWM’s Dean of Students Office, Student Union 345 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
In compliance with federal law, all persons at the time of their start date will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Title and Total Compensation Project
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3809982