Job ID: 11147
Location: Bellevue College
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Control Technician position supports the College’s mission in providing comfortable and safe spaces for students, faculty, and staff. This position undertakes the scheduling, inspection, testing, servicing, controlling, and programming of College infrastructure and systems, including the operation of related HVAC mechanical equipment, lighting controls, fire alarms, and other related equipment.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Annual Salary: $52,764 – $59,700
Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Competitive salary is within the Range stated above, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
The employee is scheduled to work 40 hours per workweek. This is a Classified, overtime eligible position and represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees Higher Education (WFSE-HE).
About The College
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
About the Department
The Bellevue College (BC) Maintenance Department within Campus Operations supports the College’s primary mission by maintaining internal and external areas of all College Facilities and other assets. The department works in compliance with local, state and federal laws and agencies by following BC’s policies, follows and maintains safety procedures and follow-up Campus Operations program on accidents and safety prevention techniques. Maintenance main responsibility is to provide satisfactory customer service to all students, faculty and staff within timely manner by finishing daily work request.
Monitoring and Programming systems and controls (HVAC units/ Fire Alarms)
- Monitor relays, timers, meters and switches with local or remote computer control.
- Read and interpret control and wire diagrams.
- Monitor all campus fire alarm and HVAC systems both from central control station and from individual building fire panel locations. Interpret information where failures or alarms are present and liaise with other campus operations employees, public safety, and third party vendors to undertake maintenance and repairs as required.
Maintaining designated systems (HVAC units/ Fire Alarms)
- Install, maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot, repair, and operate equipment to monitor and control temperature, energy usage, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, refrigeration, security, fire, water flow, and other equipment status in various buildings, facilities and grounds.
- Keeps records of work performed and supplies used. Keeps records of campus control systems and special events as needed.
- Maintain and repair air conditioners; electric controls on such items as, dryers, incinerators, gas and oil furnaces, electronic door systems, boilers.
- Monitor relays, timers, meters and switches with local or remote computer control; reads and interprets control and wiring diagrams.
- Assists in the maintenance and repairs of uninterruptible power systems which supply power to computer centers, to include electrical and electronic circuitry for controlling high AC and DC voltage and current capabilities, and battery banks capable of supplying 1,500 amps at 480 volts AC during power outages.
- Schedule systems controlling air quality considering weekday activities, weekend classes, and College events. Scheduling includes lighting, and mechanical systems.
Inspecting designated systems (HVAC units/Fire Alarms)
- Inspect, test, service, maintain and repair various mechanical, and electrical control systems on apparatus such as heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, or refrigeration systems; uninterruptible power systems, fire alarm systems, clock systems, low voltage lighting, and irrigation systems.
- Program and monitor building temperature, building and grounds lighting, communications (phones), micro zones, fire alarm systems, emergency alarm signals. Monitor relays, timers, meters, and switches with local or remote computer control.
- Orders and stocks temperature controls, valves, and related parts for repair and installation of electrical, mechanical, electronic control systems.
- Work with vendors on projects directly related to air, water, and fire safety. Provide radio and emergency responce service.
- Work with own division and public safety and respond to issues and concerns.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Washington State motor vehicles license.
- Completion of two (2) years of approved institution course as a control technician, or four (4) years of applicable experience in the field of HVAC system.
- Completion of approved institutional course on building fire alarm system and one (1) year related work experience.
- Completion of National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) or equivalent certificate.
- Effective communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work and communicate effectively in diverse environment.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, and Word for work related needs.
Conditions of Employment
Bellevue College intends to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe, and secure work and educational environment. Each employee is expected to report to work in an appropriate mental and physical condition to perform her/his/their assigned duties.
Bellevue College employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Per Governor Inslee’shttps://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/proclamations/21-14.1%20-%20COVID-19%20Vax%20Washington%20Amendment.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery, state employees must be fully vaccinated and your vaccine status will be verified upon hire. Please reach out to the HR Office at mailto:[email protected] if you need information on medical or religious accommodation.
Sexual Misconduct and Background Check:
Prior to start of employment, finalists(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=28B.112.080.
Reference checks may include, but are not limited to, contacting references and verification of work experience, and/or past job duties.
How To Apply
Application deadline has been extended to 06/24/2022, will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
All individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will not be considered for the position (only submit required documents with the application, additional will not be reviewed.)
Required application materials:
- Attach a Cover Letter (min 1 pg., max 2 pgs.)
- Attach a Resume
- Attach a Diversity Statement (min 1 pg., max 2 pgs.) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity
- Complete the Job Questionnaires if applicable
If you have questions regards to application or hiring process, please contact Office of Human Resources at 425-564-2274 or email to [email protected].
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact [email protected] or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3129224