College of Southern Nevada
HVACR Specialist 1
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (702) 651-5778.
The individual in this position must possess the following:
- Working knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in operating, maintaining and repairing high and low pressure steam and hot water boilers, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, ventilation and related auxiliary equipment; occupational hazards and safety procedures associated with heating, air conditioning and refrigeration operation; standard practices, techniques, materials, tools and equipment of the air conditioning and refrigeration trade such as chillers, water towers, pumps, airhandlers, thermostats, pneumatic and electric controls, condensers and heat pumps.
- The ability to perform electrical, plumbing and welding tasks associated with heating and air conditioning equipment; use a wide variety of hand and power tools, welding equipment and specialty tools associated with heating and air conditioning repairs; prepare and maintain maintenance reports, daily logs and purchasing documents; read and interpret equipment service manuals and technical references.
- Be skilled in the use of tools and test equipment used in air conditioning/refrigeration repair such as ammeters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, leak detectors, pneumatic calibrating gauges, water flow meters, air measuring devices, welding equipment and refrigerant charging devices
- Completion of a recognized HVACR apprenticeship program; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
Grade 32, Step 1 – Grade 32, Step 10
$43,827.12 – $64,686.24
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV – List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1401245
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.